Sunday 29 August 2010

Sample Sunday and Beauty Diet Update

Hello all!  I've been a bad blogger over the last few days - I've been so busy I've not been able to do any blogging or read any of your lovely blogs.  Anyway, I promise to remedy that over the next few days.  I've got a few new exciting posts planned (including one on over-coming my fears of Primark and doing a little shop there, and buying and styling up an outfit for a burlesque night I'm going to soon) and I will catch up on all the fab blogs I follow!

Sample Sunday

Anyway, it's Sunday, so that means it's Sample Sunday - the day I put another sample or sachet from my stash to the test.  Today I've tried Nivea My Silhouette! gel-cream Bio-Slim Complex.  


From reading the blurb on the back of the packet, it appears to be a slimming and firming gel, although it doesn't explicitly state that!  I'm always a bit dubious about this type of product - I've used firming and anti-cellulite creams in the past and they've not made the slightest bit of difference!  I also don't think that I can make a good assessment of the product based on the amount in the sachet - about 2 applications. 

The My Silhouette is a rather alarmingly bright green colour.  I rubbed it on my thighs, hips, stomach and buttocks as suggested - it was easy to rub in and absorbed easily, but it doesn't feel particularly firming or moisturising at first, but after about 10 minutes, it did start to feel quite tingly, so it seems to be doing something.  It did feel very cold though, which I wasn't expecting.  It's supposed to smell of white tea and anise but I just found it to have a light, inoffensive, slightly powdery smell that has lingered for a while.

So, I'm impressed that it tingles, but I can hardly judge its effectiveness from the tiny amount I have to use.  As I'm skeptical about these type of products anyway, I won't be rushing out to purchase it!

The Beauty Diet Update

I'm storming through some of the products I've been trying to use up.  One set of shampoo and conditioner is finished, I'm still making an effort to use up my horrible exfoliators, and I'm making inroads into all the little bottles of bubble bath and shower get I have.  I'm also getting through all my random moisturisers at a fast pace.  As well, I've dug out a load of half used perfumes, and have got through about 3 bottles of these so far, so it's all going well.  In fact, I'm worried that some of the targets I have set myself will be hard to reach - no new shampoos until the end of October?  I'm not sure if I can make that one!  I'll try my best to make it, but I won't go without shampoo if I run out!


In terms of make up, I've ordered and received the Urban Decay Naked palette (post to follow on this soon), and I'm blown away by how good it is!  I'll definitely be using it loads!  This wasn't included in my budget of £100 for random makeup lusts, so that's very lucky.

So far I've spent the following:

£5 on some eye makeup remover in Boots
£2.40 on foot scrub from Ebay (including postage)
£3 in Primark on a bronzing brush, some travel pots and glitter eyeliner

I know this isn't all make up, but I thought I'd include all non-essential beauty spending that I've not accounted for in my £100 budget.  So I've now got £89.60 to last me until the end of November - eek!  Oh well, I did have a mooch around the beauty counters in Debenhams yesterday, and didn't spend a thing, so that's something!

Anyway, as ever, thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails